Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm Braver Than I Believe



"Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ Christopher Robin


About a week ago I wrote a letter to someone who had meant an awful lot to me growing up, but because of circumstances and immaturity on both parts, we had lost touch. To my surprise a few days ago he wrote back, and actually answered a question I'd wanted to ask, but didn't, which was "why". I'd waited 18 years for that answer and I'd never have been able to read it, if I hadn't been brave enough to finally send the message. 


If there is anything that I've learned this past year, it's that you've got to listen to what the person inside you is saying, and that I'm my own best therapist. I've made more progress this year then I ever did seeing a"shrink", though I've had to face some uncomfortable truths along the way. 


Now I just have to motivate myself. Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day!





No comments:

Post a Comment