Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Beginnings are Scary!

"Because," she said, "when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave."
Coraline by Neil Gaiman


I've always done what other people expected me to do, been who they wanted me to be. Today I am saying no more. It is my life and I'm going to live the life that makes me happy.

Living life according to other peoples' standards has done nothing but make me miserable. So I'm going to take some time, figure out what makes me happy, and then I'm going to pursue it. You may not agree with some of the choices I make, but please respect that I have the right to make them.

I have a long exciting journey ahead of me. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it in the end. You are welcome to join me on this road or cheer for me from the sidelines, but be warned if you are negative or try to control me, I will leave you behind.

I am searching for myself, not someone else's idea of who I should be. Any advice that is unasked for, will most likely be ignored, no matter how well intentioned it might be. I do promise to ask for help though if I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment