Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Faith and the Mustard Seed




The interesting thing about the mustard seed isn't really it's size necessarily. It is the fact that such a small seed becomes such a huge plant. A tiny amount of faith is turned into this enormous plan God has for your life, but first you have to step out in faith and trust Him with your future.

I find it funny that my strongest gift is faith, and although I trust the Lord completely with taking care of my needs and my future, until this year I didn't trust myself and I chose the path of least resistance. Now I know better and am making the changes necessary to ensure my future growth and happiness.

 ~ things I have learned this year ;-)


Mustard Seed



Matthew 17:20

New International Version (NIV)

 20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”





Mustard Tree 


New International Version (NIV)
The Parable of the Mustard Seed
 30 Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. 32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.”


1 comment:

  1. This is AMAZING!!! Can I send it to my pastor to use for our Monday Morning Motivator?

    I might tweak it a bit, but I would totally give you credit!

    ReplyDelete