Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lisi's Pork Enchiladas

Sorry I haven't updated this in a few weeks. I've been busy trying to make enough money to pay the water/trash bill by doing HITS on Amazon Mechanical Turk. I'm up to about $28 now, so I'm almost there, yay me. I've done some transcription, which probably doesn't pay nearly enough for the time involved, but it's an interesting experience anyway, and also some studies/surveys for universities. The studies/surveys pay better but they can fry your brain a bit. Anyhow it's something I can do from home on my own time and I like that, but of course it does take time away from doing other stuff.

I'm also trying desperately to fight off a Dementor attack, but I can't seem to conjure a Patronus very well, I blame my broken wand. (The HP fans among you know what I'm talking about ;-) It's hard to keep your chin up sometimes, when you feel the walls are caving in, but I'm doing my best. Anyway without further adieu, here is my recipe for this week.

Lisi's Pork Enchiladas

1 lb of shredded pork (you can substitute any kind of shredded meat here)
1 jar of chunky salsa
1 can sliced olives (drain before using)
8 oz of shredded cheese (about 2 cups)
1 package of 10 flour tortillas (you will probably only need 7-8 depending on how full you stuff them)
2 15 oz cans of enchilada sauce (I usually use red but green would do nicely as well)
one 9 x 13 baking dish
preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix the shredded pork with the jar of salsa, olives, and about 3/4 of the cheese, set aside.

Using a dish slightly larger than the tortillas pour in about 1/2 can of enchilada sauce and then dredge the tortillas in the sauce. Pour the other half of the sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Place sauced tortilla into baking dish and add enough filling to cover the middle of the tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place in dish seam side down. Repeat until the baking dish is full, then cover with the remaining enchilada sauce(including any leftover from dredging).

Place dish in oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Five minutes before you remove it from the oven cover it with the remaining cheese. You can turn the oven off when you do this and it will continue to cook and melt the cheese.

For the shredded pork, I just take a pork shoulder (pork loin will work as well), put it in the crockpot with a packet of Mesquite marinade and water, (about 2/3 of the way up after you put the roast in) and cook on low for about 8 hours. Makes the most awesome yummilicious pork, perfect for when pork shoulders go on sale. It makes quite a lot and you can freeze the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment